DIGITAL FUEL WATCHMANProduct Information
The completely automatic Digital FUEL WATCHMAN keeps an unfailing weather watch on your fuel consumption around the clock! It is super-sensitive to even the slightest change in weather and relays this change immediately to your heating system. Tried and tested for over 60 years under varying conditions, in both horizontal and vertical building layouts, the Digital FUEL WATCHMAN is the ultimate in outside heat controls!
A properly engineered control system should enable you to save on fuel and maintenance costs, while giving greater heating efficiency.
Click here for REPLACEMENT PARTS
What does the Digital FUEL WATCHMAN do?
Rugged, compact construction assures long life… Tamper-proof operation continuous performance. Increases efficiency by ALLOWING YOUR MAINTENANCE CREW MORE TIME TO TEND TO REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS, by eliminating the necessity of adjusting your heating system to sudden changes in outside temperature. The outdoor element of Digital FUEL WATCHMAN is entirely weatherproof!
For Every Heating System
100 % AUTOMATIC !
We stress this feature so strongly because NOT EVERY “HEATING CONTROL” IS completely AUTOMATIC and completely free from any dependence on manual attention. The Digital FUEL WATCHMAN never sleeps and it gives you that sizeable savings of fuel that can result from slight rises in temperature. These rises might not be noticed by a maintenance person, or only noticed after hours of wasted fuel consumption. Economical, easy to install, and razor sharp in its actions, the Digital FUEL WATCHMAN can SAVE ITS COST in a surprisingly short period of time!
AND HOW DOES IT DO ALL THAT?
1. TIME / PROGRAM DISPLAY
This Display shows the current time. The display also shows the program schedule. The controller can have up to 4 day/night cycles per day (total of 8 events) and each day can be programmed differently providing a total of 56 events for the week. The program scheduling is in increments of 15 minutes.
2. NIGHT HEAT ADJUSTMENT
This selector can be set to any outdoor temperature indicated from 15ºF to 45ºF. This means that night heat will not go on unless the outdoor temperature drops below your selected setting. Heat in building will be at a reduced amount. It can also be set for OFF to provide NO night heat if desired.
3. DAY HEAT SELECTOR
This regulates the schedule of day heating. The Digital FUEL WATCHMAN can be set to begin operation from 50ºF to 65ºF outdoor temperature. This means that the control calls for heat when the outdoor temperature is at or below the selected setting and will not permit heat at temperature above this setting.
4. HEAT ADJUSTMENT
This dial controls the amount of heat you want in the building by controlling the off period. This will provide as much as two hours off period (in mild weather), and by the correct program scheduling, the off period can be extended to a greater time. This dial also synchronizes the heating system with the outside Polarstat and thus automatically maintains an even comfort level through changing outside weather conditions.
5 a b c. CONTROL FUNCTION SWITCHES
a. WINTER/SUMMER SWITCH – Selects the mode of operation, either Automatic (Winter), or Heat Off (Summer).
b. MANUAL – When this switch is placed in the Manual position, the FUEL WATCHMAN heat control is completely bypassed and the heating plant will run continuously. When in the Automatic position the control will operate automatically.
c. MORNING PICK UP – With the Morning Pick Up switch placed in the ON position, it will provide more heat and shorter off periods according to outdoor weather conditions during the start up period (5 AM – 8:30 AM).
6. SIGNAL INDICATORS
These signal lights are long life low power L.E.D. devices which indicate the status of operation of the heating system.
a. YELLOW – Indicates control is ON (Winter) and there is power to the panel.
b. RED – Indicates that control is calling for heat.
c. GREEN – Indicates the Heat is Established.
7. STATUS INDICATORS (Small RED L.E.D’s)
Indicates the current operating status of the Digital Heating Controller.
8. PROGRAMMING BUTTONS
12 Quick & easy to use pushbuttons enables effortless time setting and program schedules.
9. CALIBRATION ADJUSTMENT
This enables the FUEL WATCHMAN to be calibrated without the removal of any wires and without the attaching of special calibrating instruments.
10. PRESS ONE CYCLE BUTTON
This button allows the operator to give one cycle of heat regardless of outside temperature. This is mainly used to check boiler operation and to prevent the operator from leaving the manual switch on.
Why Is The Fuel Watchman Different?
The Polarstat (outdoor sensor) is not just a thermostat. It’s specifically designed to simulate your building and computes the heat loss determined by the outside weather conditions including wind chill factor. The Fuel Watchman Heating Control has an adjustment to fine-tune the Polarstat to your particular Building’s heat loss. This can easily be done by increasing or decreasing the Heat Adjustment Knob located on the Fuel Watchman Control Panel.
Compare these Digital Fuel Watchman Features…
- RUN LIMIT PROTECTION. If your boiler system runs too long due to a system problem, the Fuel Watchman will detect this and shut down the boiler until the next heating cycle saving fuel. It will also provide display indication of a problem.
- 100% AUTOMATIC operation, 24 hours a day 7 days a week!
- Simple plug-in-panel.
- Factory calibrated. No periodic calibration required.
- PRE-PROGRAMMED to meet New York City’s Heating Code or customize your own schedule to meet your buildings specific heating needs.
- Replacement panels are 100% BACKWARDS compatible. No re-wiring or sensor changes required.
- Simple to operate and 100%AUTOMATIC.
- Reliable Microcontroller Technology.
- Original control cost repaid usually with first year’s savings.
- Cabinet lockable using standard padlock. (Lock not included)
- JOB TESTED CONTROLS FOR OVER 60 YEARS in apartment houses, office buildings, hotels, factories, hospitals etc.
- AUTOMATIC DAYLIGHT SAVINGS built in. No more spring and fall time changes required.
- No inside thermostat needed! (open windows do not affect control operation)
- CUTS FUEL BILLS whether heating by oil, gas or purchased steam.
- 100% BATTERY BACKUP maintains time and programming up to 1 Year.
- REACTS TO OUTDOOR WEATHER CHANGES INCLUDING temperature, humidity, wind chill and solar radiation.